SHS, founded in 1993, is an independent private equity company. Our focus is on investments in the MedTech and Life Sciences sectors.
Over the different fund generations the volume of the funds grew continuously. We are currently investing out of our fourth fund (SHS IV), whose volume of € 125m is more than twice as high as the volume of our third fund.
The current fund SHS IV is going to do both venture capital and private equity investments. Thus we are going to invest in young, high-growth MedTech/Life Sciences companies as well as realize small buyouts and growth financings of established companies from these sectors.
- Life sciences
- Medical technology
- Applied technologies
- Industrial Biotechnology / pharmaceuticals (no drug development)
Reasons for investment
- Growth capital
- Strengthening equity
- Change of shareholders/succession
- M&A financing
- Market-ready products, e.g. initial revenues, test customers, clinical data available
- Operating profit may be negative for growth- or technology-related reasons
Transaction and investment values
- Transaction values up to € 100m
- SHS IV Equity Investments € 2 – 20m, together with co-investors up to € 50m
- Majorities, qualified minorities
- Equity & financial instruments similar to equity